With the chassis rivnut basically complete, I started installing the chassis panels that don’t get in the way of anything else. The inner and outer trunk side panels won’t interfere with any future work, so I went ahead and installed these. I’m attaching the panels with button-head 8-32 screws which have a fairly low profile like the pop rivets would have had.
I ordered a bunch of stainless steel socket head screws, but they use a fairly small 3/32″ drive which is fairly easy to strip. I stripped three of them just on these four panels. I’m probably going to replace all of these small 8-32 button head screws with torx head screws which I use extensively on my RV-7. They’re virtually impossible to strip.